Thursday, October 6, 2016

Some Adjustments Needed

As soon as I saw this sketch at Grand Diva's Creative Corner, I knew it was perfect for my son's hockey pictures since the logo on his shirt had triangles too.  I know, a bit crazy, but hey it works for me.


I got to work on putting my page together.  However, I couldn't reduce my pile of photos to just two.  I also worked ahead of myself and cut the triangles from paper I thought was perfect for my layout.  However, between the increased photos and my triangles already cut - the sketch was not working for me according to design (the triangles were getting lost behind my photos).  Not wanting to give up, I moved the triangles around a little and ta-da another completed page!


OOO - I was creative with my alphabet again - my stash is slowly dwindling down.  The "e" is the classic upside-down "3," the "a's" are cut "d's,", the "r" is an upside-down "j" - minus the dot, and the "o" is the inside/left-over center of the original "o's."  Whew.

Grand Diva's Creative Corner pairs up with Rochelle's This or That Challenge, which encourages you to use tickets or tags on your work.  I love how they pair up challenges together!  

The link for both challenges close on October 29th.



Materials Used: cardstock, scrap paper (bonus!), brads, Doodlebug Design, Inc. - Hopscotch  alphabet, Me & My Big Ideas - soft spoken embellishment.

3 comments:

  1. Nice take on the sketch. I just did one too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sports page and take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with the Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take not the challenges! :) Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete