Thursday, September 22, 2016

Combining Two...

It feels good to have my mojo back after a summer break!  I am looking forward to catching up with everyone's blogs soon!

Today,  I completed a layout for two challenges.  The first is over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge Blog, where the challenge is to use red on your layout.  Easy enough! To participate in this challenge be sure to link up by September 30th.

The second challenge is a sketch challenge over at Sketches In Thyme.  I used Sketch #219, Week 2.  I flipped the sketch and made it a little more masculine for my boy page.


This is what I created:


I was not fond of the pattern paper but when I saw the colors and how they matched the boys clothes - it was simply perfect.  (I have to admit - that thought both scares and excites me.  Excites me since I was able to  finally find a use for that paper and scares me that - as a result of finally finding a use for that old pattern paper - I might become a hoarder and never throw anything away!  LOL! ) 

I found an interesting font on Cricut Design Space and thought it was perfect for the page (boys going to camp).  I then thought it would be cool to add brads to mimic nails in the letters.  However, the letter "e" was too small to accommodate 4 brads without looking cluttered.  So, I opted to leave them out.  Jury is still out on the look of the title.

To join me in this sketch challenge, be sure to link up your work by September 30th.


Materials Used: cardstock, DCWV pattern paper, Stampin' Up hemp cord, brads, button, Martha Stewart Road Sign Stickers, Basic Grey - Capture waterfall theme pack, and Cricut Design Space - Old West Board font.


5 comments:

  1. Wendy, love how you flipped that sketch and especially all your red! Lovely! Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - hope to see you here again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination. The result is very nice. Thanks for your participation in our challenge. Eli (for Sketches in Thyme and Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that plaid paper. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely , thank you for sharing with us at AFSC
    Mary

    ReplyDelete